Tuesday 18 December 2012

CREAM & BLACK CELLULOID HAIR COMB

 On a recent buying trip I was lucky enough to be able to buy several vintage hair combs.  This one looks Art Nouveau - with its leave and flowers.  It is made of cream coloured celluloid ( a plastic - popular from circa 1880 - 1930 - so it predates bakelite).  Celluloid moves a little - which bakelite does not.  It has flowing leaves/flowers that are coloured black.  I always have a selection of celluloid hair combs amongst my vintage costume jewellery and accessories at Vintage Modes, @Grays Antiques, in central London.  Ref: 2086 B98/26 Price £85.  See me on Facebook and Twitter - Gillian Horsup Vintage Jewellery.  On Facebook I try to blog regularly about vintage costume jewellery and accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment